Tuesday, July 24, 2007

EU Blog Reviews


The Brussels Blogosphere is sprawling. There is material out there to cater to most tastes and interests. On the left hand side of this page you will find a list of the blogs that I find particularly worthwhile. I have listed only blogs in languages I can read - which includes English, French, German, Dutch, and a wee bit of Polish and Italian. Not all those languages are represented, so any suggestions from readers are welcome.
I'm most comfortable in English, but will try occasionally to post in another language myself.
Some of the blogs I link to are simply essential, such as Valéry Giscard d'Estaing's blog - essential because of his role in the Constitutional Treaty and the Reform Treaty.
Others are worth reading for the insights they give into the way veteran pro-EU campaigners like the Federal Union and anti-EU campaigners like EU Referendum see the world.
Many are serious; some (like Berlaymonster) are not so serious.
Some are more informative, some are more geared to debate.
None of them, as far as I am aware, systematically review each other. That is something that I'd like to add to the landscape - an opportunity to discuss the Brussels Blogosphere in detail: its heroes and villains, facts and myths, hot policy debates, key players, etc. Hopefully this will become a place where opinions can be aired freely (and moderated in a neutral fashion by me).
I will simply start at the top of the list and work my way southwards...

No comments: